Crispy Salmon with Spring Pea Purée
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 4 servings (each 1/4 cup/60 mL serving of pea purée = 10 mg THC)*
Spring has officially sprung. Get the hop on your dinner plans with this Crispy Salmon with Spring Pea Purée, infused with our sustainable and sungrown Solei Gather cannabis.
Savoury crispy salmon is beautifully complemented by a bright and fresh spring pea purée, and no feast is complete with a sunny side like butter poached asparagus and peas.
This elevated and unforgettable recipe is sure to become a classic; invite over your friends, make enough for everyone (and maybe just a little extra) and find your moment together. Be sure to check the tip at the bottom of this recipe to make a delectable pasta dish from the leftovers, too!
- 4 salmon fillets, skin removed (5 to 6 oz/150 to 180 g each)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
Butter Poached Asparagus and Peas:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 lb (250 g) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) shelled fresh peas
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh dill
- Pea Purée: In pot of boiling salted water, cook peas for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through; drain well, reserving 2 tbsp (30 mL) cooking liquid.
- In blender, purée peas, mascarpone, mint, Gather infused olive oil, lemon juice, 1 tbsp (15 mL) reserved cooking liquid, salt and pepper until smooth (if too thick, add remaining cooking liquid); set aside. (Makes 1 cup/250 mL.)
- Crispy Salmon: Pat salmon dry with paper towel. Season with thyme, salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook salmon for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Turn over; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through and starts to flake around edges.
- Butter Poached Asparagus and Peas: In saucepan set over medium heat, bring cream to boil; cook until reduced to by half. Reduce heat to low; stir in salt. Slowly whisk in cubes of butter (the butter should melt and mixture should stay emulsified). Add asparagus and peas (cover with parchment paper fitted to size of pan if asparagus and peas are not immersed); poach for 2 to 3 minutes or just until tender. Remove with slotted spoon.
- Divide Pea Purée among 4 plates. Top with poached asparagus and peas. Top with salmon. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Garnish with lemon zest and dill.
Tip: For a simple pasta dish, toss hot pasta with remaining butter poaching liquid, blanched peas, Solei Gather infused olive oil, and lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese (if needed, add some of the pasta cooking liquid to achieve desired consistency). Top with freshly cracked pepper.
*Cannabis is a live plant and potencies will change harvest to harvest.
This recipe can be made without cannabis by substituting uninfused oil. Alternatively, you can use Solei Activated Oil once the recipe is completed in order to infuse it with cannabis.
Please consume cannabis responsibly, start low and go slow. Don’t drive high.
These recipes were developed in conjunction with THP and their certified cannabis chefs.