Lemon Cacio e Pepe Pasta with Arugula
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings (each serving = 8.8 mg THC/56.9 mg CBD)*
We’ve put our signature sun-kissed touch on a classic and it’s incredible: Lemon Cacio e Pepe Pasta with Arugula, infused with our sustainably sungrown Solei Free cannabis.
Cheese and pepper have never been better than when paired with lemon and arugula. This satisfying creamy twirl of noodles looks decadent but is deceptively easy to pull off.
For some added variety, try it with spring-fresh chopped asparagus or peas to help find your moment.
- 12 oz (375 g) angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Solei Free infused butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, at room temperature
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby arugula
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
Tip: Add chopped asparagus or peas to the pasta in the last few minutes of cooking time if desired.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, beat together Solei Free infused butter and butter until light and fluffy. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, pepper and salt.
- Add butter mixture to large saucepan set over low heat; whisk in reserved cooking liquid. Add pasta, arugula and 1/2 cup (125 mL) Parmesan to saucepan; mix together until well coated. Serve with remaining Parmesan on the side.
*Cannabis is a live plant and potencies will change harvest to harvest.
This recipe can be made without cannabis by substituting uninfused oil. Alternatively, you can use Solei Activated Oil once the recipe is completed in order to infuse it with cannabis.
Please consume cannabis responsibly, start low and go slow. Don’t drive high.
These recipes were developed in conjunction with THP and their certified cannabis chefs.