Beet & Grapefruit Salad with Avocado Cream
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 servings (each 1/3 cup/75 mL serving of Avocado Cream = 10.2 mg THC)*
Brighten your day with this Beet & Grapefruit Salad with Avocado Cream, infused with our sustainably sungrown Solei Gather cannabis.
This vibrant spring salad and its creamy, crunchy, sweet and tart elements is a great way to liven things up this spring — whether as a main or side dish.
The juicy, acidic grapefruit plays off the earthy beets and the avocado cream (made with coconut cream and lime) brings harmony to the dish. Bring out this dazzling spring salad at your next barbecue to find your moment.
Beet & Grapefruit Salad
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Solei Gather infused coconut oil
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) coconut cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lime juice
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 4 tsp (20 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 6 cups (1.5 L) baby arugula
- 8 golden beets, cooked and quartered
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) torn fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted pumpkin seeds
- Avocado Cream: In blender, purée Gather infused coconut oil, avocados, coconut cream, lime juice, salt and pepper until smooth; set aside.
- Beet & Grapefruit Salad: Cut away peel from grapefruit. Holding grapefruit over a bowl, supreme the grapefruit, cutting between membranes to release segments. Reserve 1/4 cup (60 mL) juice for vinaigrette; set aside. Stir remaining juice (up to 3 tbsp/45 mL) into Avocado Cream.
- In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, reserved juice, cider vinegar, mustard, shallot, salt and pepper; add arugula, beets, grapefruit supremes and basil, tossing gently to coat well.
- Smear 1/3 cup (75 mL) Avocado Cream onto 6 serving plates; top with salad. Garnish with pumpkin seeds.
- Alternatively, use red or candy cane beets, or a medley of beets instead of the yellow beets.
- To cut a citrus fruit into supremes, slice off the top and bottom of the fruit. Stand fruit on one of the cut ends. Slice off the outer peel following the natural curve of the fruit, trying to remove as much of the bitter white pith as possible. Working over a bowl to catch all the juices and using the membranes as a guide, cut each segment free from its membrane, letting it fall into the bowl.
*Cannabis is a live plant and potencies will change harvest to harvest.
This recipe can be made without cannabis by substituting uninfused oil. Alternatively, you can use Solei Activated Oil once the recipe is completed in order to infuse it with cannabis.
Please consume cannabis responsibly, start low and go slow. Don’t drive high.
These recipes were developed in conjunction with THP and their certified cannabis chefs.